Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is a grappling-based Martial Art which does not involve striking such as punches and kicks but instead, it uses joint-manipulation techniques (submissions) to put opponents in a position too difficult to escape from, or uncomfortable enough to surrender (or to “tap out”).
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu teaches that a smaller, weaker person can successfully defend themself against a bigger, stronger, heavier opponent by using leverage and weight distribution to take the fight to the ground, and then applying joint locks and chokeholds to defeat the opponent.
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is one of the foundational key aspects of professional Mixed Martial Arts. An adequate level of BJJ is needed in MMA not just to provide attacking options for ways to win, but a foundational skill, in order to survive. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu rules are designed to drill into the practitioners the habit of applying proper strategy in all aspects of a fight or attack, which is why the sport has become so important for MMA.REASONS TO START BRAZILIAN JIU-JITSU:
- It is one of the most potent, real-life fighting systems on the planet.
- Anyone can practice Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
- It is one of the best bases for Mixed Martial Arts.
- The lessons you learn on the mat can be applied to your daily life.
- More fun than a regular gym.
- Because it brings you an awesome circle of friends.
- A great workout and help you "Get in Shape" quickly.
- Because it teaches you to stay humble.
- Relieve stress
- Teaches you persistence and builds confidence